By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
24x7Report24x7Report
  • Home
  • World News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Beauty
  • Fashion
  • Fitness
  • Gadgets
  • Travel
Search
© 2023 News.24x7report.com - All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Warner Bros Asks Investors To Reject Takeover Bid From Paramount Skydance
Share
Aa
24x7Report24x7Report
Aa
Search
  • Home
  • World News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Beauty
  • Fashion
  • Fitness
  • Gadgets
  • Travel
  • en English
    • en English
    • id Indonesian
    • ms Malay
    • es Spanish
Follow US
© 2023 News.24x7report.com - All Rights Reserved.
24x7Report > Blog > World News > Warner Bros Asks Investors To Reject Takeover Bid From Paramount Skydance
World News

Warner Bros Asks Investors To Reject Takeover Bid From Paramount Skydance

Last updated: 2025/12/17 at 5:56 PM
Share
6 Min Read
Warner Bros Asks Investors To Reject Takeover Bid From Paramount Skydance
SHARE

NEW YORK (AP) — Warner Bros. is telling shareholders to reject a takeover bid from Paramount Skydance, saying that a rival bid from Netflix will be better for customers.

“Today the Warner Bros. Discovery Board sent a clear message to you, their stockholders,” the company said in a letter to shareholders. “The WBD Board urges you to reject Paramount Skydance’s unsolicited, inferior and illusory tender offer.”

Paramount went hostile with its bid last week, asking shareholders to reject the deal with Netflix favored by the board of Warner Bros.

Paramount is offering $30 per Warner share to Netflix’s $27.75.

David Ellison, chairman and chief executive officer of Paramount Skydance Corp., during the Bloomberg Screentime event in Los Angeles, California, US, on Thursday, Oct. 9, 2025. Screentime gathers the moguls, celebrities, and entrepreneurs defining the next phase of pop culture to discuss and debate the future of Hollywood studios, the boom in sports and live music and the impact of AI on the creative industries. Photographer: Kyle Grillot/Bloomberg via Getty Images

Bloomberg via Getty Images

A Warner Bros. merger with either company would alter the landscape in Hollywood and will face intense scrutiny from U.S. regulators as it would impact movie making, consumer streaming platforms and, in Paramount’s case, the news landscape.

Paramount’s bid isn’t off the table altogether. While Wednesday’s letter to shareholders means Paramount’s is not the offer favored by the board at Warner Bros., shareholders can still decide to tender their shares in favor of Paramount’s offer for the entire company — including cable stalwarts CNN and Discovery.

See also  Is It A Buy Right Now After 391% Surge In 2023?| Investor's Business Daily

Unlike Paramount’s bid, the offer from Netflix does not include buying the cable operations of Warner Bros. An acquisition by Netflix, if approved by regulators and shareholders, will close only after Warner completes its previously announced separation of its cable operations.

Paramount has claimed it made six different bids that Warner leadership rejected before announcing its deal with Netflix on Dec. 5. Only after that did it take its offer directly to Warner’s shareholders.

Critics of Netflix’s deal say that combining the massive streaming company with Warner’s HBO Max would give it overwhelming market dominance, whereas the Paramount+ streaming service is far smaller.

“This is something that we’ve heard for a long time—including when we started the streaming business,” Netflix co-CEOs Greg Peters and Ted Sarandos said in a filing through Warner Bros. “Our stance then and now is the same—we see this as a win for the entertainment industry, not the end of it.”

BURBANK, CA - DECEMBER 11: File picture of Warner Bros. Studio in Burbank, CA on Thursday, Dec. 11, 2025. Netflix is buying the entertainment giant for $72 billion. (Myung J. Chun / Los Angeles Times via Getty Images)
BURBANK, CA – DECEMBER 11: File picture of Warner Bros. Studio in Burbank, CA on Thursday, Dec. 11, 2025. Netflix is buying the entertainment giant for $72 billion. (Myung J. Chun / Los Angeles Times via Getty Images)

Myung J. Chun via Getty Images

Bids from both Netflix and Paramount have raised alarm for what they could mean for film and TV production. While Netflix has agreed to uphold Paramount’s contractual obligations for theatrical releases, critics have pointed to its past business model and reliance on online releases. Yet Paramount and Warner Bros. are two of the “big five” legacy studios left in Hollywood today.

See also  Colorado snow totals for Feb. 3, 2024

Paramount’s attempt to buy Warner’s cable networks and news business would also bring CBS and CNN under the same roof. In addition to further accelerating media consolidation, that could raise questions about shifts in editorial control — as seen at CBS News both leading up to and following Skydance’s $8 billion purchase of Paramount, which it completed in August.

Paramount Skydance did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Associated Press early Wednesday.

U.S. President Donald Trump has already been vocal about his future involvement in the deal, indicating that politics will play a role in regulatory approval.

Trump previously said that Netflix’s deal “could be a problem” because of the potential for an outsized control of the market. The Republican president also has a close relationship with Oracle’s billionaire founder Larry Ellison — the father of Paramount’s CEO, whose family trust is also heavily backing the company’s bid to buy Warner.

Affinity Partners, an investment firm run by Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, previously said it would investing in the Paramount deal, too. But on Tuesday, the firm announced that it would be dropping out of the bid.

Foreign sovereign wealth funds of Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi and Qatar are also backing Paramount’s bid with billions in funding.

Warner Bros. said that it also feels the offer from Netflix is more solid.

“There are no contingencies, no foreign sovereign wealth funds, and no stock collateral or personal loans,” it said in it’s letter to investors. “We are a scaled company with a +$400 billion market cap and a strong investment grade balance sheet. As (Warner Bros.) said, the (Paramount Skydance) offer has “numerous risks and uncertainties” associated with it, among which are (Paramount’s) financial condition and creditworthiness.”

See also  Late run sends CU Buffs men’s basketball past first-place Oregon – JS

You Might Also Like

GOP Gets No Love Over ‘Disgraceful’ Valentine’s Day Swipe At Pritzker

February 17, Danica Patrick wins Daytona 500 pole

Startling New Theory Emerges In Nancy Guthrie’s Disappearance

Costco in Loveland? City council to vote on incentive deal for Centerra site

The 3 U.S. Figure Skaters Chasing The Same Gold Have A Medal-Worthy Nickname

TAGGED: Asks, bid, Bros, Investors, Paramount, reject, Skydance, takeover, Warner

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Previous Article Tricolor CEO bonus paid out weeks before bankruptcy, prosecutors say Tricolor CEO bonus paid out weeks before bankruptcy, prosecutors say
Next Article Footy Fix: UWCL’s league phase matchday comes to Paramount+; EFL Cup quarterfinal action features big PL sides

Stay Connected

1.30M Followers Like
311 Followers Pin
766 Followers Follow

Latest News

USWNT roster: Emma Hayes names strong 26-player SheBelieves Cup squad
Sports February 17, 2026
GOP Gets No Love Over ‘Disgraceful’ Valentine’s Day Swipe At Pritzker
GOP Gets No Love Over ‘Disgraceful’ Valentine’s Day Swipe At Pritzker
World News February 17, 2026
CFTC defends prediction market enforcement as states challenge platforms
CFTC defends prediction market enforcement as states challenge platforms
Finance February 17, 2026
6 Non-Surgical Treatments to Boost Your Confidence
Beauty February 17, 2026
The 10 rules to live by during NFL free agency; Michigan takes over No. 1; UEFA Champions League resumes
Sports February 17, 2026
//

This is your World, Finance, Fitness, Fashion  Sports  website. We provide the latest breaking news straight from the News industry.

Quick Link

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Disclaimer
  • Sitemap

Top Categories

  • Fashion
  • Finance
  • Fitness
  • Gadgets
  • Travel

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!


24x7Report24x7Report
Follow US

Copyright © 2025 Adways VC India Private Limited

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?